AFRICA NETPRENUER PRIZE

1. WHAT PROBLEM ARE YOU SOLVING. describe the industry and the challenge you are tracking using your business

I commenced my business of computing known as COMPUTER CENTRE 2001 with only 1 computer, but today i have 6 pentium 4 computers which am using to offer or provide people in our community computer services like, Internet accessibility, computer lessons and also computer games.

CHALLENGES WHICH I HAVE TRACKED USING MY BUSINESS

Currently am running my business of computing in government council market place, and every month i pay $ 6 to government for the rent of my shop. In our community my business is unique and familiar, but is only making me $ 200 per month, because my business have no enough modern equipments to use. On my business i have only 6 pentium 4 computers which am using, and they are not bringing me more customers because all computers are not compatible with modern programs or softwares.

HOW ARE YOU SOLVING THIS PROBLEM What is your solution

To solve some problems which am facing on my business, i have increased other services in my business. At first i was only able to offer or provide people only computer games, but today i have added other computer services like, Internet accessibility and also computer lessons. I have tried to increase other services in my business because i want to purchase one of modern equipments which am dreaming

WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM Why are you solving this particular problem and what makes you the best suited person to solve it.

Am inspired to solve some part of problems which am facing in business because i don't want my business to liquidate. I do my business for living, and i have also big mission to do with my business.

4. WHAT IS THE BIG MISSION Your mission and why it matter to you

I live in remote community called Dwangwa, in our community many young people are vulnerable to vandalisms, drug abuse, early pregnancies and also HIV transmissions, because our community has no any media youth centre or sports club, and many people are jobless because we have only one company which provide jobs to the people.

The mission of my business is to turn or transform my business of computing into Media, Sports and Entertainment Centre (MSEC). I want to build or establish a place or a centre special for media, sports and entertainment services, because is one way of empowering the development of our community. The improvement of my business is going to provide jobs to people, and it will also protect young people from vandalisms, drug abuse, early pregnancies and HIV transmissions, because my company will be attracting more people. The mission of turning or transforming my business of computing into media, sports and entertainment centre, can only happen or take place with the support of modern equipments like,

1. i5 and i7 computers 2. Game consoles like, Xbox and PlayStation 3. Laser color screen printers 4. HD cameras 5. Pool tables 6. Musical instruments and many more

WHAT ARE YOUR CORE VALUES The values that your company adheres to

My company has 3 major values which adheres to.

1. KNOWLEDGE

My company is enhancing knowledge to people in our community. Through the accessibility of Internet, Computer lessons and also Computer gaming, many people especially students are now able upgrading their studies.

2. PROTECTION

My company is also protecting young people from vandalisms, drug abuse, early pregnancies and HIV transmissions, because many young people are now getting fascinated with computer services of my company

3. DEVELOPMENT

My company is also raising the development to our community, because more people who don't have computers in their homes are now able accessing the computers of my company on their own.

6. WHAT IS YOUR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE What set your business apart from others solving the same problem

My business has a wide competitive advantage, because is only the business which offers or provides people internet, computer lessons and computer games, and its also the only business which allows people to touch or operate computers own their own.

7. ANYTHING HOLDING YOU BACK FROM MOVING TO THE NEXT STAGE OF YOUR BUSINESS Currently challenges you are facing as a business if any

Capital is only the big problem which is holding back the growth of my business, because with enough capital i can be able fulfill the mission of turning or transforming my business of computing into Media, Sports and Entertainment Centre. Today i have discovered very important skills which i can use to improve my business. I know how my new company will built and even the modern equipments which will be there, but am not able to start the project because my capital is not enough.